- 1 package of pre-cooked gnocchi (comes in plastic packaging)
- 1/2 jar of marinara sauce (any kind)
- 1/2 container of ricotta cheese (whole, skim, whatever you like)
- A good handful of chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic (depends on how garlicky you like it)
- Two good handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil (1-2 turns around the pan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make the gnocchi according to directions on the packaging.
In a separate saucepan, heat up the olive oil and then throw in the garlic until golden brown. Make sure to watch it carefully because garlic can burn quickly. If you need to lower the heat, then do. Add the marinara sauce and the ricotta cheese and mix together until well incorporated (about 2-3 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and then mix in 1/2 of the fresh basil. Keep stirring until incorporated and then set aside.
You are now ready to get your "bake" on. Take a deep casserole dish and spread 2-3 tablespoons of sauce on the bottom. Then take all the gnocchi and place it into the pan with the sauce and mix around until evenly distributed. Now place the mixture inside the casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remainder of fresh basil.